Your Easy Move Out Cleaning Checklist By Pros
According to the Rental and Occupancy Laws, tenants have to take care of the premises during their lease. They are obliged to deep clean every nook and cranny before the rental inspection. Failing in doing so will result in the deduction of bond amount because landlords have the right to compensate for the cost of repairs and dirty premises.
That’s why most renters rely on professional end of lease cleaning in Canberra. They follow an approved checklist that covers everything, including your main rooms, hidden spots, and high-traffic areas.
However, if you are doing it yourself, make sure you follow a standard checklist so that you can impress your landlord. Here is a complete move-out cleaning checklist by pros to streamline the process.
Let’s Get Started!
Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
It is good to start with your kitchen when moving out of a rental property in Canberra. Pay attention to the stained surfaces, grimy appliances and greasy areas. Here is a complete list of tasks by pros that will make things easy for you:
- Clean the air vents
- Remove dust, loose debris and dirt from the top of your cupboards, cabinets and drawers
- Clean inside and out of cabinets and cupboards.
- Eliminate spills, splatters and stubborn stains from countertops
- Remove grease and stains from the stovetop, rings, knobs and elements.
- Clean your oven naturally. Also, remove grease and grime from your microwave, fridge and dishwasher inside and out.
- Get rid of accumulated dust behind large appliances
- Clean and sanitise sink, drain holes, and taps
- Spruce up and polish splash back area
- Mop the floor.
According to the professional end of lease cleaners in Canberra, it is good to use eco-friendly products, such as vinegar, baking soda, lemon, hydrogen peroxide and castile soap to tackle stubborn stains and grime. Do not use chemically-laden cleaners as they can cause harm to the environment.
Move-out Cleaning Checklist For Your Bathroom(s)
Bathrooms are the dirtiest areas in any home. It harbours mould, mildew, lethal germs, bacteria and bad odours. If you want to impress your fussy landlord, you need to pay attention to this particular area with the help of this checklist:
- Remove collected dust from exhaust fans
- Clean inside and out of your drawers and cupboards
- Remove soap scum and stubborn stains from the showerhead, shower glass, soap holder and a bathtub
- Clean tiles and grout lines
- Remove rust and calcium stains from a toilet bowl, behind ‘S’ bend and around the toilet seat.
- Clean and polish sink and faucets
- Clean and sanitise towel rails and door knobs
- Polish mirrors and windows
- Mop the floor
Note: Use magic erasers to remove tough stains and grime from surfaces like bathtubs and bathroom tiles.
Move-Out Cleaning Checklist for A Living Room & Bedrooms
Do not overlook hard-to-reach areas and germ-laden surfaces while cleaning your living room and bedrooms for the rental inspection. Here is a complete cleaning checklist for your guidance:
- Remove cobwebs, small nests and insect marks from ceiling walls
- Eliminate dust from ceiling fan blades
- Clean air conditioner and filters
- Wipe off light fittings and fixtures
- Spot clean light switches and power points
- Clean permanent marker off your walls. Tackle scuff marks and other stubborn stains as well.
- Remove stains from architraves, skirting boards and doors
- Clean picture frames, shelves and cupboards
- Remove dust from the top of a wardrobe
- Wash windows inside and out (if accessible)
- Vacuum blinds and sliding door tracks
- Wash carpets
- Sanitise door knobs and window tracks
- Vacuum mattress, carpets and rugs
- Sweep and mop floors.
Note: Hire an experienced end of lease cleaning company in Canberra if you want to secure your full bond money. They bring the latest tools and quality products to give you the highest standard of service.
Cleaning Checklist For A Laundry Room
This is also an important room because landlords check every nook and cranny before releasing the bond money. So, clean this particular room according to the checklist:
- Clean cupboards and drawers inside and outside.
- Remove grime, water stains, and stubborn stains inside, outside and behind the dryer.
- Clean your laundry tub, shelves, taps, and cabinets
- Eliminate grime behind the washing machine
- Spot clean walls and tiles
- Wash windows and tracks.
Other Important Areas
Do not forget the areas outside your rental property. Make sure you:
- Remove cobwebs and insect marks from your garage walls
- Sweep the floor
- Clean your patio area.
Make sure you do necessary repairs before the final inspection; otherwise, you can lose your deposited security.
Moving out of a rental property can be overwhelming, but you can achieve success if you follow the right procedure. With the help of this checklist, you can perform the best end of lease cleaning in Canberra like a pro and get your full bond back.