According to the Residential Tenancies Act, in case the property is not cleaned adequately landlords reserve the right to keep the entire bond money/security deposit or some part of it for getting the required tasks done to restore the property’s original condition (at the start of the tenancy).
If you are a tenant planning for the final clean, here is your complete guide by professional cleaners outlining the main tasks on a bond cleaning checklist and tips for finding a good end of lease cleaning company in Canberra. Have a look!
Cleaning the Kitchen
The kitchen is the most visited and used areas in any home, making it among the dirtiest as well. It is where all the dirty vegetables and fruits are cleaned/ stored, dishes are washed, and food is prepared.
Therefore, the kitchen becomes dirty and heavily soiled even when cleaning is done routinely, which is why tending to this area is crucial according to end of lease cleaning experts in Canberra. Here is a list of tasks involves in cleaning the kitchen at the end of a tenancy.
- Remove cobwebs and dust from the walls and fixture
- Sanitise from top to bottom paying attention to the storage units then making your way down towards the countertop and appliances
- Clean the ceiling fan, exhaust, stove, oven, dishwasher, sink
- Unclog and sanitise all the drains or garbage disposal
- Spot clean walls, baseboards, doors, and other areas with stains and marks
- Vacuum and wipe every nook & cranny
- Sweep/vacuum the floor and mop
Sanitising the Bathroom
After the kitchen, the next area that should be thoroughly cleaned is the bathroom which is another commonly and frequently used space. The cleaning tasks to perform for this area are mentioned as follows.
- Remove cobwebs and dust the entire space
- Sanitise and disinfect the shower, faucets, washbasin, mirrors, glasses and cabinets. Also, pay attention to the sink, drains, and toilet
- Spot clean the walls, baseboards and doors
- Wipe the fixtures and countertops
- Sweep and mop the floor
Tending to Other Interior Areas
Once the kitchen and bathroom are clean and disinfected move to other areas of the house according to how dirty they are. Make sure to start from the top and make your way towards the bottom and clean in a circular pattern from right to left.
These are expert techniques implemented by the end of lease cleaning experts in Canberra for cleaning and sanitising efficiently and prevent recontamination of cleaned areas. While purging the interiors, make sure to perform the following end of lease cleaning tasks.
- Start by dusting, removing cobwebs, and debris from all the visible and hard to reach spaces
- Wipe fixtures, tracks and frames
- Spot clean walls, countertops, baseboards, and floors
- Remove mould, stains, and marks from every nook and cranny
- Clean the windows, storage units, doors and fans
- Sanitise and disinfect common points of contacts such as switches, handles, knobs, railings, etc.
- Vacuum the carpets
- Sweep and mop hard floors
Don’t Forget Cleaning the Outdoor Spaces
End of lease cleaning includes sprucing the exterior as well, which usually includes the following tasks according to expert cleaners in Canberra.
- Sweep and mop the exterior floors
- Dust the windows, patio area, walls, and railings
- Remove dust and debris from the letterbox
- Empty the garbage cans
- Clear leaves, rocks, and other debris from entryways, steps, and yard
Tips for Finding Good End of Lease Cleaning Experts
Since a host of tasks are involved in the final clean for moving out of a rented property successfully, it is better to let the experts handle the tasks. They have the experience, the right tools, and training to manage the end of lease cleaning within a few hours and help you save time and energy.
Want to hire the professionals? Here are useful tips for finding good end of lease cleaning experts in Canberra.
- Search for reputed companies by getting references from relatives/friends and looking at advertisements
- Select the ones that have been in business for years, enjoy good market reputation, and have excellent reviews
- Inquire about the cleaners’ training, experience, and skills
- Get free quotes and ask if the rates are competitive
- Choose a reliable end of lease cleaner in Canberra that is trustworthy and affordable
As the moving date for a tenant draws close having a plan for the end of lease clean is essential. Knowing what is required and what your landlord will expect from the final is crucial, which is why this guide is useful.
It outlines the main tasks on an end of lease cleaning checklist for tenants who wish to perform a DIY clean. In addition, it has tips for finding good end of lease cleaning experts in Canberra which are handy when you are seeking the assistance of professionals.