The Dos And Don’ts Of Cleaning Electronics
Have you cleaned and disinfected your home thoroughly to remove germs and bacteria? While this is good for keeping you and your family safe, some devices in your home can still harbour germs. These are the electronics that you use every day, like laptops, smartphones, desktop computers, headphones and earphones, and more. In fact, according to an official study, there are 10 times more germs on your smartphone than on a toilet seat.
Besides this, some studies have found over 17,000 bacteria on your kid’s smartphone that can cause deadly diseases like Staph infections, E.coli infections, pneumonia and more.
Thus, deep-cleaning these devices properly is very important to ensure they are free of germs and bacteria.
Here are some expert tips by bond cleaning Canberra professionals on the dos and don’ts of cleaning electronics in your home:
Do’s And Don’ts Of Cleaning Electronics
Experts who offer professional end of lease cleaning Canberra recommend that you follow the basic cleaning rules given below for your electronics before you see how to clean each device:
Basic Cleaning Rules For Electronics
Now that you know these basic rules, it is important to see how to clean each electronic device in detail.
Laptop: Do’s And Don’ts Of Cleaning
Your laptop can easily collect dirt, dust, germs, pathogens, bacteria and dead skin cells around the keyboard. These get transferred to your body each time you touch your face after using your laptop. Thus, it is necessary that you deep clean your laptop at least once a month to remove all these harmful germs and bacteria.
Besides your electronics, here are 6 things that are causing sickness.
Dos Of Cleaning Your Laptop
Don’ts Of Cleaning Your Laptop
Smartphones: Do’s And Don’ts Of Cleaning
Your smartphone is one of the most germ-prone electronics in your home and has more germs than your toilet seat. Thus, cleaning your smartphones regularly and deep cleaning all parts once a week is very important. This is especially important to prevent the spread of deadly infections like COVID-19 in Canberra, which is still spreading rapidly.
Do’s Of Cleaning Your Smartphone
- Use a dry microfiber cloth to clean your smartphone from left to right to eliminate dirt effectively.
- Next, switch off your cell phone and take out the battery and SIM card before cleaning the internal parts.
- Use a brush to dust your internal parts and clean the corners and crevices.
- To deep clean the screen, spray 50-50 vinegar and distilled water on a microfiber cloth and clean your screen and the back cover.
- Next, wipe your plastic phone cover with a damp cloth, and if it is silicone based, soak it in warm soapy water and then let it dry.
- Never turn on your smartphone or put the battery in while cleaning.
- Never use a dryer to dry your phone, as the heat can damage the internal circuits of your phone.
- Don’t let moisture remain on the device longer than 2-3 minutes. Also, make sure it doesn’t remain in the crevices or gets inside the open. Dry the device immediately after apply a cleaner.
- Never clean smartphones while they are connected to the charger as it is an electrocution risk.
- Dip a microfiber cloth in soapy water to wipe down your headphones and earphones.
- Bond cleaners in Canberra recommend using a small cotton bud to clean in the corners and for tiny earbuds.
- Remove the silicone earpieces and use a toothbrush to wipe the inner metal parts to remove dirt and grime.
- Do not use a lint cloth to clean your earphones and headphones, as it could scratch the surfaces and leave streaks.
- Do not share your earphones with anyone to prevent the transfer of germs and bacteria.
Besides your smartphone, here are 10 uses of vinegar in cleaning.
Don’ts Of Cleaning Your Smartphone
Earphones And Headphones: Dos And Don’ts Of Cleaning
Your earphones and headphones can attract bacteria and germs over time due to the accumulation of sweat and grime around the ears. Thus, it is dangerous to keep using these earphones without cleaning them as they can cause a wide range of bacterial infections. Thus, you must wipe down your earphones after every use and clean your headphones at least once a week.
Dos Of Cleaning Your Earphones And Headphones
Don’ts Of Cleaning Your Earphones And Headphones
Thus, it is important to deep-clean your electronics to eliminate the build-up of dirt and germs so that you are free from infections and diseases. Make sure you follow the tips above and clean them in the right way so that you do notdamage the internal circuits.