What Includes in a Thorough End of Lease Clean?
Moving out from a leased apartment or house in Canberra could come with a headache. From packing household belongings to cleaning the property before the end of a tenancy period, you have to manage everything patiently.
If your walls or windows are dirty, then you won’t get your 100 % bond money back. This means you have to return the property in the best condition in order to get your security deposit back from your property agent or owner.
So, it is better to hire a company that can offer you professional end of lease cleaning in Canberra. Such companies are equipped with the latest cleaning tools and follow the thorough end of lease cleaning checklist to leave no stone unturned to get the property cleaned with 100 % customer satisfaction.
Before hiring any bond cleaning company, it is vital for you to know its exact meaning and what includes in a thorough end of lease cleaning.
What is End of Lease Cleaning?
According to the end of a lease agreement, a tenant is obligated to return the house in a clean and maintained condition before his/her lease runs out. This is called the end of lease/tenancy cleaning. It is a detailed and thorough clean of your rented property.
It is more than regular house cleaning because if your property manager sees any stain during the inspection, he won’t return your 100% rental bond amount. That is the reasons why it is good to leave bond cleaning in the hands of professionals. They know how to scrub the stains and spruce up the property using a thorough end of lease cleaning checklist.
However, there are some inclusions and exclusions with professional bond cleaning service. You must know about them before contacting any end of lease cleaning company in Canberra.
Inclusions in Thorough End of Lease Cleaning
Most of the companies claim to include the following services in thorough bond cleaning to match the property condition report:
- Clearing Cobwebs, small nests and insect marks from the walls (if pest control is not warranted)
- Cleaning ceiling fans, filters, exhaust fans and air conditioners
- Spot clean walls, light switches and light fittings.
- Removing stains from skirting boards and doors
- Thorough window cleaning
- Cleaning cupboards and drawers
- Removing grease from sliding door tracks
- Vacuum cleaning floors and carpets
- Mopping hard floors.
- Deep clean all cupboards, shelves and drawers
- Getting rid of stubborn stains around the stove top, rings and knobs
- Sanitise sink and thoroughly clean drain holes
- Clean splash back area using an eco-friendly cleaning product
- Removing grease and grime from oven, BBQ, trays, glass, trays and doors
- Purging dust from exhaust fan filter
- Cleaning inside, behind and outside the refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher space (If required)
- Mopping floors
- Spruce up cupboards and drawers
- Exhaust fan cleaning
- Disinfecting wash basin, tap, shower, bathtub, toilet seat
- Remove built-up soap residue from side walls and glasses.
- Clean mirrors, towel rails, floors and window tracks
- Cleaning drawers and cupboards (both inside and outside)
- Removing soap residue on a laundry tub
- Cleaning taps, mirrors, space behind the washing machine, equipment and filters
- Cleaning windows, walls, doors, doorknobs, etc
- Floor cleaning
Other Key Areas to Clean:
- Patio: Removing cobwebs, cleaning lights, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning balcony railings and glass. (If accessible)
- Garage: Thoroughly cleaning and scrubbing floors and removing cobwebs
Exclusions in End of Lease Clean
Most of the bond cleaning companies in Canberra excludes some items while cleaning the property:
Professional end of lease cleaners in Canberra do their best to remove tough stains and mould from damp spots but won’t give a guarantee that these spots will disappear entirely. These marks can return back due to the availability of excess moisture.
Cleaning companies usually don’t include ceilings in their thorough end of lease clean.
Though removing mould is a part of a cleaning chore, mostly these areas require a specialist that can get rid of mould permanently.
However, professional end of lease cleaners clean all items using the best cleaning products, but discolouration happens due to the usual wear and tear of the property. You may have seen that toilets, grout and plastics turn into a yellow colour due to the availability of germs and bacteria.
Thorough Wall Clean
Well, end of lease cleaners removes cobwebs and insect marks from the walls. But, a complete wall clean requires a lot of time and that why it is excluded from the bond cleaning checklist.
Cleaners don’t clean those areas that are dangerous for them. This includes broken or cracked powerpoints/switches, bio-waste, etc.
Furnished Cupboards and drawers
Companies don’t clean the cupboards if items are not removed.
Your professional cleaning company won’t clean those items that are not included in the list.
A deep and intensive end of lease cleaning includes all the areas and items that are crucial to help you secure your 100 % bond money. Make sure you hire a reputed company that can offer you the best and thorough end of lease cleaning in Canberra using best quality of cleaning products.