How to Use Vinegar for Household Cleaning
People usually think of vinegar as a condiment used in delicious preparations, including salad dressings, vinaigrettes and pickling liquids. However, it might have never occurred to you that the condiment can be used as an excellent household cleaning item. It is your best choice for cleaning as it is cost-effective, safe for health and tough on dirt, mildew, and germs. It cleans various surfaces at your home quickly and in a hassle-free manner.
Many companies that offer eco-friendly end of lease cleaning in Canberra use vinegar along with other natural ingredients for natural cleaning. Also, it is readily available at almost every nearby store.
With a little guidance and right supplies, you can also use vinegar to clean carpets, oven, dishwasher, toilet, shower glass, wooden floor and other similar things. Here is a detailed procedure to clean a few essential things. But before that, let’s see what makes vinegar a good cleaner.
What Makes Vinegar A Good Cleaner?
The acetic acid present in vinegar makes it useful for cleaning. This acid helps to remove the soap scum, stains left by hard water, glue left behind by stickers, icky buildups, bad odour, and so on.
Commercial cleaners have harmful chemicals that pollute the environment and cause harm to your health. Vinegar gives you flawless cleaning without causing any problem. If you choose a company that offers eco-friendly end of lease cleaning in Canberra, you will witness that their professionals use vinegar to clean numerous things.
However, there is one thing that you should always remember. Vinegar is not suitable for natural stone. So, never use it to clean marble, travertine, granite, or quartz. The acid can damage the surface of the stone.
How to Use Vinegar to Clean the Oven
The oven gets dirty quickly with burnt food and spills. To clean it, you need a good cleaning agent. The market is flooded with oven cleaners, but most of them have harmful chemicals. So, the best option is to clean it using household ingredients like baking soda and vinegar.
- Prepare a thick paste using baking soda and water.
- After that, apply the paste inside the oven evenly with the help of brush and keep it overnight. This will help it to settle down.
- Next day, take a piece of cloth and wipe off the surface properly.
- Pour some vinegar in a bottle and spray it on the surface to wipe off again to remove the remaining grease residue. It will also eliminate any residue of the baking soda paste.
How to Use Vinegar to Clean Toilet
Your toilet is one of the dirtiest places in your home that requires deep cleaning at least once a week. Otherwise, it looks quite unattractive with stains and quickly becomes a breeding ground for germs and bacteria.
To clean it, you do not require chemicals that can be harmful to your health. Instead, choose the combination of baking soda and vinegar. It can effectively clean, disinfect and deodorise the toilet surface without causing any problem. And this will be much cheaper than any commercial product.
- Take one cup of baking soda and sprinkle it into the toilet.
- Then pour around one cup of white vinegar into the bowl.
- Put the lid of the toilet down and allow the mixture to work for the next 30 to 40 minutes.
- After that, lift the lid and use a brush to scrub the toilet bowl. The half an hour wait will break the residue, so it will become easier to clean the bowl.
- Once you are done with scrubbing, flush the toilet to wash away all the dirt and germs.
- If you are not satisfied with the result, repeat the entire process. If you opt for end of lease cleaning, you will see that many professionals follow the same approach.
How to Use Vinegar to Clean Laminate Floors
You cannot clean the laminate floors the way you clean other floors. This is because too much liquid damages the surface. There are many specific cleaners for laminate floors in various stores of Canberra, but such products are quite expensive.
So, if you want a cheaper alternative, go for vinegar. It can perfectly get the job done without spending a lot of money.
- Mix vinegar and water and pour it into a spray bottle. Vinegar in its pure form can be too strong for the laminate surface so you must mix it with water.
- Spray the solution on the laminate floors but not on more than 1-foot square area. This is because after spraying, you need to clean it immediately. Spraying it on the entire floor can make it difficult to clean it at the right time.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe the specific spot where you have applied the solution. Do not use any abrasive piece of cloth because it can damage the floor surface.
- At last, you need to clean the surface again with a dry cloth. This will remove the excess moisture. If you don’t want to take any chances, go for end of lease cleaning in Canberra. Their experienced professionals can save you time and efforts.
How to Use Vinegar to Clean Carpets
It is not easy to clean the carpets because a wrong product or anything too strong can damage the surface of your carpets or fade their colour. That is why people usually choose a reputed company that offers the best end of lease cleaning in Canberra.
Their experienced professionals know how to deal with the most stubborn stains and bad odour. They also help you to clean the carpets to get the bond back. However, if you want to give it a try, choose a safer option like baking soda and vinegar.
- First use a vacuum cleaner to remove the dust from the surface of the carpet. It will help to remove the stain properly.
- Mix baking soda and vinegar to make a paste and then apply it on the stain using an old toothbrush. Then leave it for some time.
- When the paste gets dry, brush it off and then use a vacuum cleaner to remove the entire residue.
How to Use Vinegar to Clean Dishwasher
As the dishwasher frequently cleans your dirty plates, glasses and other things, it gets dirty quickly and starts to stink. So, it is essential to clean it from time to time. Vinegar is an excellent option to clean your dishwasher effectively.
- First take out the bottom rack of your dishwasher and check the drain properly. Make sure it is clean, and there are no solid chunks. Otherwise, it can block the drain.
- Take a dishwasher-safe cup and pour white vinegar into it. Then place it on the top rack of the appliance. Then run the dishwasher through a hot water cycle. The vinegar efficiently washes away the dirt while sanitising it. It also eliminates the stale odours from the appliance.
- Then take baking soda and sprinkle it evenly at the bottom of the dishwasher. After that run a hot water cycle. The baking soda will deodorise it further and remove the stains.
What Else You Can Clean With Vinegar
There are many more things and spots in your home that you can clean using vinegar. Some of them are as follows.
- Shower glass
- Clogged showerhead
- Copper and brass items
- Dishes and Glasses
- Automatic coffee makers
- Windows and blinds
- Clogged Drains
- Cutting board
Vinegar is a non-toxic, affordable way to clean almost anything in your home. All you need is a little guidance. The ways mentioned here will help you to clean your home flawlessly. If you find it difficult, contact experienced professionals who provide end of lease cleaning in Canberra.