How to Identify & Get Rid Of Lingering Odours In Your Home?
Identifying the root cause of these smells is essential to get rid of them because long term exposure makes household members habitual of them. According to the end of lease cleaning experts in Canberra, when the residents are unable to sense the bad smells and get to the root cause, the indoor air quality is compromised making the house is unfit to live.
Keeping the property clean and sanitary is crucial for living a safe and healthy life. Want to know how to make your home not smell bad? Here is your complete guide by experts cleaners on how to identify and get rid of lingering odours in your home.
Identify the Source of the Odours
Some smells are easy to identify while others may be subtle but noticeable. Therefore, inspect your home thoroughly to note down details of areas that smell and come with a plan to remove the cause before initiating the cleaning process. Common spaces with bad odours include the bathroom, mudroom, laundry room, basements, attics, kitchen, etc.
In addition, particular objects in your home that may smell are garbage bins, carpets, upholstery, drain, ovens, microwaves, refrigerators, and cleaning tools, among others. For tenants at the end of their tenancies, it is especially crucial to have the property analysed by end of lease cleaning experts in Canberra for ensuring the property is purged accordingly.
Expert Tips for Removing Odours from Your Home
Keeping your house clean and maintaining sanitation regularly is key to prevent it from smelling. In addition, follow the tips by the end of lease cleaning professionals in Canberra to always keep your home smelling fresh.
- To keep carpets, upholstery, and beddings fresh at all times sprinkle baking soda on them and leave for at least 30-45 minutes. Next, thoroughly vacuum to remove any residues and odours.
- Don’t leave dirty dishes and laundry for long as bacterial growth will cause strong odours. Make sure the dishes are washed after each use, and one load of laundry is done every day.
- Adopt the clean-as-you-spill policy to prevent stains and spillage for becoming stubborn messes to clean
- After each use, make sure cleaning tools like wipes, mops, brushes, sponges, etc. are properly sanitised and aerated. Please don’t keep the tools in poorly ventilated spaces where they don’t dry properly, and bacterial growth happens.
- Clean your oven, refrigerator, dishwasher, garbage disposals and other tools where food is prepared, washed, stored or disposed of. These spaces can have a host of illness-causing pathogens that create smells with their build-up.
- Discard the trash every day and wash the bins at least once a week to prevent it from smelling. After washing the trash can, let it air dry in the sun and before using sprinkle some baking soda at the bottom. Baking soda is a natural ingredient that is used by many end of lease cleaning experts in Canberra for eco-friendly sanitation and odour-removal.
- Make DIY air fresher using 300-350 ml water, two-three tablespoons of rubbing alcohol, 10-15 drops of essential oils of choice in a spray bottle. Furthermore, invest in an electric essential oil diffuser that can be used for improving the indoor air quality of your home.
- A trick many end of lease cleaning experts in Canberra use to sanitise home and make them smell fantastic is to add a few drops of anti-microbial essential oils to their DIY cleaning solutions. One easy to make homemade cleaning solution you can create is by taking a half and half solution of water and white vinegar. Add to it one teaspoon of mild dishwashing liquid and essential oils in a spray bottle to clean a variety of surfaces and objects except ones made with natural stones such as marble, granite, quartz etc.
- If you have pets at home, then pet odour is a major concern for most owners which can be managed by getting area rugs for them to sit, giving baths regularly, and ensuring pet accidents are cleaned and disinfected immediately.
- If there are odours, you cannot find the root cause of for any reason don’t hesitate to take the help of professional cleaners especially if you are a tenant at the end of his/her tenancy. Hire end of lease cleaning experts in Canberra to sanitise the rented property for you to receive your entire bond and leave the property with good indoor air quality for the next occupant.
Smells and odours in homes are common due to a variety of factors which can make the living space unpleasant for residents and visitors. Therefore, it is crucial to eliminate the causes by cleaning regularly and taking the assistance of professional cleaners in Canberra whenever required.
If you want to make your home smell fresh, clean and good, then learn how to identify the sources and follow the tips to prevent lingering smells in your home.