How To Easily Clean And Organise Your Garage?
A messy garage is also challenging to clean as it requires a lot of time and energy, especially if you are at the end of your tenancy. One of the best ways to ensure the garage is clean before you leave is to take the assistance of professional end of lease cleaners in Canberra. Alternately, you can follow this guide to easily clean and organise your garage like a pro. Have a look!
Follow the KonMari Method of Tidying
Garages are usually cluttered with a variety of things that can broadly be segregated into different categories. According to the KonMari method, you can divide your things into five categories, such as books, paper, clothes, miscellaneous, and sentimental.
To declutter your garage divide all the things into these categories and one by one pick each item to see if it sparks joy or you think it is useful. Keep the things you want and create an inventory to make packing/storing easier and faster. Sort the things you don’t want by:
- Discarding things that are broken or not in good condition. Also, get rid of items that are not used every year or haven’t been used for at least six months.
- Donating or reselling items in good condition.
Once all the items are sorted, make sure to store, pack and label them correctly to recognise things you want to keep or take to your new home. Plus, pack boxes of items you want to donate or resell separately to keep them safe and secure.
How to Clean Your Garage?
After decluttering, you can move on to cleaning the garage which can be managed easily and quickly after all the mess has been cleared. If you are a tenant, then consider hiring end of lease cleaners in Canberra to sanitise the garage and the entire rented property.
The professionals have the right products and tools, along with years of experience and training. They can clean your garage in a few hours whereas it can take you days. However, if you want to sanitise your garage yourself, here are some expert tips.
- Collect all the garbage and keep it in trash bins to dispose of later.
- Dust or vacuum the slabs, cabinets, or storage units.
- Vacuum the walls and pay attention to the corners to get rid of dust mites, cobwebs, and other pollutants.
- Inspect the walls, floors, ceilings, and storage units for mould growth. If you find spots, clean them using a mixture of water (one part), white vinegar (one part), and liquid soap/detergent.
- Scrub the spots with a brush and wipe the residue with microfiber cloths. Be cautious while scrubbing and do it gently to avoid damage.
- Clean the walls as they can have oil stains, scuff marks, grease, and different types of spots. Inspect the surfaces thoroughly and use appropriate cleaning tools and products to clean the walls without chipping the paint or causing discolouration. Most stains or marks can be removed with warm water, a mild detergent, and a sponge/brush.
- Wash windows and doors in the garage. Make sure you clean the tracks and frames as well since they accumulate dust, dirt, and debris. Don’t apply harsh chemicals to wash these fixtures, instead use water mixed with a household detergent like the end of lease cleaning professionals in Canberra.
- Some garages have open storage units and frames on the walls. If your garage has them, you can clean them with a commercial cleaner or make one in a spray bottle using water and white vinegar in equal measures plus a gentle detergent. Clean the units with the solution and microfiber cloths after vacuuming them.
- Sweep the floors to remove any physical pollutants like dust, dirt, debris, particle, etc.
- Clean the floors by using a store-bought floor cleaner or warm water plus soap. Scrub the areas with grease and oily stains along with other spots. Wash the floor with water and wipe using a rubber squeegee.
- Like the end of lease cleaners in Canberra, you can also use a microfiber mop or a steam mop to sanitise the floors.
- During and after cleaning, keep the garage well-ventilated and let the walls, units, fixtures, and the floor air dry completely.
Cleaning and organising the garage is a daunting task and everyone is guilty of procrastinating. You can feel unmotivated to start because the process seems time-consuming and draining. However, by using the tips mentioned above and seeking the assistance of the professional end of lease cleaners in Canberra, you can manage this feat without any challenges or stress.