How To Do Your Kitchen Cleaning Like A Pro?
Additionally, it has boilover stains, grease, spills and splatters that facilitate bacterial growth, causing bad smells. If you don’t sanitise the kitchen routinely, its surfaces and fixtures develop biofilms to which illness-causing pathogens stick and spread infectious diseases.
Thus, you must sanitise the kitchen routinely to maintain its hygiene.
People ending a tenancy should hire professionals performing quality end of lease cleaning in Canberra to clean the kitchen and other parts of the rented premises. You can get your bond back in full with their assistance and vacate the rental property without hassle or stress.
For keeping the area pristine generally, follow the tips shared below to do your kitchen cleaning like a pro. Have a look.
Prepare For The Clean-up
Cleaning the kitchen without proper planning is tiring, stressful and time-consuming. To manage every task effectively and efficiently, you must have the right cleaning supplies, personal protective equipment, time and energy.
- Create a kit with a versatile cleaner, microfiber products, brushes, sponges, and other necessary products/tools.
- Get rubber gloves, masks, apron and overalls.
- Arrange a vacuum cleaner with different attachments.
- Stock on natural cleaners like white vinegar, baking soda, lemon, essential oils, etc.
Start By Decluttering
Often after buying kitchen tools, utensils, accessories and more, keeping them in cabinets and forgetting is common. This habit leads to the accumulation of unnecessary items that gather dust and grime due to non-usage. Your kitchen also has food and drinks past the best before or expiry date, which add to clutter.
Thus, sort through your pantry regularly to use edibles before they go bad and donate the excess in case you cannot consume it in time.
Furthermore, to only keep kitchen gadgets, tools and appliances you use and need, remove duplicates and items you haven’t used for over six months.
Make A Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
Instead of doing chores without any plan, streamline everything by making a kitchen cleaning checklist that outlines tasks according to importance. Professional end of lease cleaners in Canberra use checklists to remember tasks and perform them in the correct order to get optimum results.
You can make daily, weekly and monthly kitchen cleaning checklists to segregate the tasks and perform them at the right frequency.
Pour Bleach in Drains
Dirty drains make your entire kitchen smell like rotten eggs and sewerage, which is unpleasant and unwelcoming. They also become travelling routes and hot spots for common household pests like cockroaches, ants, rodents etc.
These pests are nuisances that forage your food supplies, dirty kitchen areas and damage its structures. You can hire professional end of lease cleaners in Canberra to deep clean your kitchen for the final inspection & discourage pests.
However, to keep drains unclogged and sanitary on a day-to-day basis, pour half a cup of bleach in them every week and cover for 30 minutes. Let the solution remove grime and gunk before washing with hot water. Bleach not only kills odour-causing pathogens but also keeps pests away because they cannot tolerate its strong smell.
Make Natural Cleaners
Commercial cleaners contain natural volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that pollute your home’s indoor air and make household members sick. Make non-toxic and easy to use organic cleaners at home to keep your kitchen sanitary without chemicals. Here are some recipes for homemade sanitisers.
- Mix one cup water, five drops of antimicrobial essential oil and one cup white vinegar in a spray bottle. Add one teaspoon of castile soap or dishwashing liquid to this solution. With this solution, you can quickly clean and sanitise the stove, countertops, cabinet doors, refrigerator, and many other fixtures in the kitchen.
- Make a paste of baking soda, water and dishwashing liquid in a bowl to have natural scrub & cleaner for oven, microwave, sink, dishwasher and other equipment. Apply the paste on the dirty areas and let it rest for 30-40 minutes before scrubbing with a damp brush. Wash or wipe the residues to uncover clean and deodorised fixtures.
- Remove greasy spots, boilover stains and splatter by sprinkling baking soda on the affected areas and lemon juice over it. Let the ingredients fizzle for a minute then rub with the lemon before wiping with a damp microfiber cloth.
The Bottom Line
Keeping your kitchen clean and sanitary is manageable when you perform necessary tasks regularly. Use the tips shared above to have a neat and tidy kitchen all year round.
However, when ending a tenancy, make sure to hire professionals offering quality end of lease cleaning services in Canberra. It will help you vacate the property without dispute and get a complete bond repayment.