How To Clean Marble And Granite Floors Like A Pro?
In case you are moving out of a rental property that has such floors, it is advisable not to clean it on your own. Instead, contact experienced professionals to get the best end of lease cleaning in Canberra. They have expertise in cleaning all kinds of floor.
The marble and granite floors can get damage with some products and cleaning methods, which would be safe on other types of floor. If you want to clean such floors, you must have thorough knowledge about the right products and methods.
Read on to know more about how to clean marble and granite floors like a pro.
Things You Need to Clean Floor
To clean your marble and granite floor like a pro, you need the following cleaning supplies.
- All-Purpose-Cleaner or Dish Soap (Neutral Ph)
- Wet Mop or Rotating Mop Handle with Microfiber Towels
- Vacuum Cleaner or Broom
- Warm Water in Bucket
- Soft Sponge
- Baking Soda
Vacuum and Mop
If you want to keep the floors perfectly clean, then you will have to make some efforts and spend some time daily. Follow the step by step procedure.
- The first thing you need to do is to vacuum the floor properly and get rid of all the dirt particles. Pay attention to the corner of the floor to get a thorough cleaning. You can also use a broom to sweep the floor.
- Fill a bucket with a gallon of warm water. Then add a small amount of all-purpose-cleaner or dish soap in the water. If the suppliers have recommended any specific solution, you can also use that.
- Dip the microfiber towel into the solution and wring it thoroughly. Then attach the towel to the mop handle and start wiping the floor. You can also use a wet mop to get the job done. When the water in the bucket looks cloudy or dirty, change it.
- Start to wipe the floor from corners, then move towards the centre and finally towards the room exit. While moping always follow the front to back approach. Finally, allow the floors to air dry.
Remove Dirt and Stains
The dirt and stains are clearly visible on the marble and granite floor, so you need to clean them the moment you notice. Whether the floors have any scuff marks or dirt from your shoes, any spills or grease stains, do not delay the cleaning for too long. All you need is some time, the right supplies and a bit of elbow grease.
However, if you are moving out of the rental property and need to clean your floor and deep clean entire house thoroughly, contact a reliable end of lease cleaning company in Canberra. They will complete the task in the best possible way.
To remove any stubborn dirt, spill or stains like a pro, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- If you have spilled anything like coffee, wine or juice, then first you need to remove the excess amount of liquid before you clean the spot. So, use a soft microfiber cloth to blot the excess liquid. Make sure you do not wipe it otherwise, you will spread the spill.
- If there are any grease stains on the floor, cover the spot with baking soda and leave for an hour. It will absorb the oil, and it would be a lot easier to remove the stain perfectly with a microfiber cloth.
- Then, fill a bowl with little cold water and add a little amount of dishwashing liquid (Neutral Ph) into the water and mix it well. Dip a sponge in the solution and rub it on the stains as per the direction of the grain until it disappears.
- Never scrub these stains in a circular motion because it can damage the surface. Finally use a dry, clean cloth and buff the area properly so the floor looks sparkling clean. Professional cleaners in Canberra also follow the same approach.
What Can Damage the Marble and Granite Floors?
Although natural stone is quite strong, it becomes vulnerable against acidic compounds and abrasive scrubber. Thus, it is essential that you choose your cleaning products very carefully.
- Whether you are cleaning your marble, granite or any similar floor, do not use vinegar or any products that contain acid. It can cause damage to the surface of the floor, and it can look dull.
- To remove any dirty patch or stubborn stains, you should never use any abrasive scrubber on the surface because that can leave behind scratch marks. Use a soft sponge to carry out any scrubbing task.
- You should also avoid using ceramic tile cleaners as it can remove the shine and make the floor look a little dull. Instead of using any conventional cleaner, use products that have been formulated particularly for marble and granite floor.
Cleaning your marble and granite floors do not have to be a challenging task if you use the right products and follow appropriate methods. So, consider the ways mentioned above and make your floors look flawlessly clean.
To save you time and energy, you can also hire experienced end of lease cleaners in Canberra. Many reputed companies provide additional services like thorough cleaning of the house.