Homemade Carpet Cleaning Solutions That Really Work
A carpet is an integral part of home decor. Different colours and fabrics of floor coverings look visually appealing and enhance the overall beauty of the home. But because of their constant use, they easily become the victim of coffee spills, muddy food prints, wine stains, food splatters, etc.
Believe it or not! Rugs and carpets need deep cleaning and maintenance frequently. Carpet cleaning helps ensure that it will last longer, even after daily wear and tear. Treating the spots and stains when they are fresh makes your job easier and also protects your carpet’s fibre from rough scrubbing.
From vacuum cleaning to spot-clean, make sure you do everything to bring back the lost shine of your carpets. In case, you are moving out of your lease property and looking for end of lease cleaning experts in Harrison to help you get your rental bond back, make sure you ask for professional carpet cleaning service.
But if you are looking for regular carpet cleaning tricks, then you will be happy to know that there are some brilliant homemade carpet cleaning solutions that really work for you.
Homemade Cleaning Solutions for Natural-Fibre Carpets
Natural-fibre carpets are usually made up of wool, and can easily attract dust particles and allergens deep inside the fibres. Some of the other sources of natural fibres are seagrass, silk, jute and coir. But they are commonly used in the production of rugs.
If you want to remove a stubborn stain from the wool carpet and avoid any cleaning mistakes at the end of lease, then prepare the following cleaning solutions at home.
White Vinegar Solution
- Mix 1/3 cup of white vinegar in the ½ cup of water.
- Fill in a spray bottle.
- Sprinkle in on tough stains and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Blot it with paper towel and do it until the stain is removed.
- Mix one teaspoon of liquid dishwashing detergent into 1 cup of warm water.
- Use this solution to remove coffee spills or fresh stain.
- Mix one tablespoon of household ammonia in a half cup of lukewarm water.
- The solution work wonders in cleaning ink stains, sauce splatters and other tough spots.
Tip: All these solutions are homemade and free from harmful chemicals. Many professional carpet cleaning companies in Harrison use eco-friendly cleaning solutions to treat stains and grease from floor coverings.
Homemade cleaning solutions for Synthetic Carpets
Synthetic carpets are made up of three different fibres, including nylon, polyester and polypropylene. All these fibres are prone-resistant but are prone to accumulating dust, soil and holding oil deep into the strands. You can use the following cleaning solutions to keep your synthetic carpets look captivating:
- You can mix 1/3 teaspoon of liquid dishwashing detergent into a cup of warm water.
- Use it on the affected area and leave it for 15 minutes. The solution will really work for you.
Take an oil solvent or nail polish remover to get rid of stains, oil marks and build-up grease from your synthetic floor coverings.
- Mix ½ of white vinegar into 1/3 cup of baking soda and warm water.
- Fill in an empty spray bottle and apply it to remove stubborn spots and stains.
- Whether it is the stain of wine, coffee, milk, beer or tomato sauce, consider the following tricks and ensure clean and shiny carpets.
1. Remove Stains from Natural-Fibre Carpets
Spray the stain with the homemade cleaning solution and blot with a dry microfibre cloth or paper towel. Repeat the process and do if the stain still persists.
2. Get rid of Stains from Synthetic Carpets
Dip the microfibre cloth or paper towel into the homemade cleaning solution. Dab the affected area and press the fabric on the spot for 10-15 seconds.
Leave the solution for 15 minutes to break down the stain and soak up the excess liquid with a dry paper towel. This trick works wonders in treating stains from synthetic carpets.
3. Get rid of Oil and Grease
- Apply a small amount of carpet cleaning solvent to a microfibre cloth.
- Dab it repeatedly and press the cloth for 30 seconds
- Rinse by blotting with a white cloth soaked in warm water.
- Leave it for an hour or until the carpet dries.
- Repeat the process until the grease or oil stains is completely removed.
Tip: Professional end of lease cleaners in Harrison use these tricks to remove oil stains and build up grease from carpets and rugs.
Carpets need caring and deep cleaning if you want to keep them look beautiful for years. With the help of homemade cleaning solutions, you can try out some DIY carpet cleaning tricks and enhance the beauty of your home.
If you are preparing for an exit from rental premises, make sure you hire trained end of lease cleaners in Harrison. They clean the premises from top to bottom, including the carpet. But if you want a thorough carpet cleaning service, ask them for the quotes. Professional cleaning makes a huge difference and can help you get the full bond amount back without any stress.