End Of Lease Cleaning Guide: How To Get Your Full Bond Back
End of lease cleaning is one of the biggest tasks when moving out of a rental property. It involves deep cleaning the house or apartment to bring it back to its original condition. The intensive cleaning process ensures the tenants get their bond back without any cuts or disputes after the landlord or property manager inspects the house.
Losing the bond during relocation can financially drain the tenants because the process is quite expensive. Thus, they hire end of lease cleaning Canberra professionals to stay safe.
Alternatively, if they plan to do it themselves, here is an end of lease cleaning guide that can help get the bond back in full. The step-by-step process helps plan and prepare for an impressive clean-up that can please the fussiest landlords.
A Comprehensive End of Lease Cleaning Guide
Tenants are expected to leave the property in the same condition as it was at the time of leasing. They need not worry about fair wear and tear, which is a part of the tenancy. However, they need to clean every room effectively to make it neat, hygienic and ready for the next tenant.
It ensures that their rental bond stays intact and is released at the end of the tenancy. If the landlord is dissatisfied with the cleaning effort, they can withhold a part of the bond or the entire amount. Let us look at steps that can help get the bond back.
1. Prepare for End of Lease Cleaning
If you are not hiring professionals, you need to make a plan for the process. Moving comes with many responsibilities, like packing everything in the house, transporting your stuff, changing the address in documents, disconnecting utilities, etc. So, create a to-do list and start deep cleaning after the property is vacant to avoid missing the hard-to-reach surfaces.
Find people who can help in the clean-up because it is not easy to do it alone. Buy supplies like gloves, dusters, squeegees, microfiber cloths, paper towels, baking soda, vinegar, etc. Hiring end of lease cleaning Canberra experts gives you a respite from all this as they bring their supplies and equipment.
2. Begin Cleaning From the Kitchen
Leaving the most challenging task for the last minute is a big mistake. Start with the area that scares you the most, and it is often the kitchen. Daily cooking fills the space with grease, oil droplets, brunt food particles, splatters, and stains. So, put on your gloves and start from the top.
- Get rid of the cobwebs and dust above the cabinets.
- Clean the cabinets and drawers from inside and outside.
- Remove the dirt and stains from the countertops and empty the garbage bins.
- Degrease the oven, BBQ and microwave with organic products.
- Clean the drains, sink, garbage disposal and faucets.
- Get rid of the grunge and dirt from the range hood and cooktop.
- Clean the dishwasher, windows, tiles and walls.
3. The Perfect Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
Dirty bathrooms are the biggest reason for deductions in the bond. You can opt for budget end of lease cleaning in Canberra to save this money. Otherwise, follow the list below.
- Remove the dirt from the ceiling and wash the tiles.
- Wipe the counters and remove soap scum from surfaces.
- Sanitise and clean the toilet bowl and bathtub.
- Wipe the basin, showerhead and faucets.
- Remove the muck accumulated in the drains.
- Clean the stains from the mirror, windows and shower glass.
- Vacuum and mop the floor for a hygienic bathroom.
4. Pay Attention to Carpet Cleaning
Carpets and rugs that are a part of the rented property need to be disinfected and cleaned thoroughly to get the bond back in full. Simple vacuuming cannot get the desired results if you have pets and kids at home. You must:
- Get rid of the stains on the floor coverings with natural cleaners.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the rugs and carpets and vacuum it the next day to remove bad odour and germs
- Hire end of lease cleaning Canberra professionals for steam cleaning and deodorising.
5. Clean the Rooms Effectively
Clean the rooms one by one using the top-to-bottom approach for a smooth bond cleaning process. Here is what you need to do:
- Get rid of dust and cobwebs from the ceiling and ceiling fans.
- Wash the walls and clean the windows and their screens, blinds and tracks.
- Wipe the light switches, fittings, doors, doorknobs and skirting boards.
- Clean the cupboards, wardrobes and shelves to remove dirt.
- Vacuum and mop the floors.
6. Do Not Forget the Outdoor Area
The cleaning of the exterior of the rental property in Canberra is equally important when trying to get the bond back. Here is how to tidy it up.
- Remove the dried leaves and plant debris from the garden and patio.
- Prune and trim the plants and mow the lawn for a neat look.
- Dust the patio furniture and wipe the outdoor light fittings.
- Vacuum the garage and remove the dust and cobwebs from the walls.
- Broom the walking path and mop the dirt away.
Taking advantage of professional end of lease cleaning in Canberra can help reduce the stress of losing the bond. It also saves you from the exhaustive clean-up that can leave you tired and pressed for time. However, if you wish to do it independently, follow the guide above.