COVID-19 Precautions: How To Protect Your Family From Coronavirus
As the search for a proper vaccine continues, taking some necessary precautionary measures, such as practising personal hygiene, social distancing, staying indoors and thorough cleaning and disinfection of homes can help you and your family stay safe. Apart from this, wear a mask whenever you go out and wash your hands for 20 seconds to avoid the spread of this virus.
How Does Novel Coronavirus Spread?
According to the World Health Organisation, the COVID-19 virus transmits from an infected person to another. It is a respiratory virus which can easily affect another by sneezing coughing via respiratory droplets. That’s why it is advised to wear a face mask whenever you go to a crowded place.
The virus can also spread when an infected person touches the surface after coughing or sneezing. It is because the novel coronavirus can survive on surfaces up to 72 hours. So, avoid touching common surfaces when you are in a crowded place and also disinfect frequently touched areas in your house at least twice a day.
If you are at the end of your lease and want to get your bond back, then hire an experienced company who can come to your place with personal protective equipment (PPE kit) and effective disinfectants for a thorough end of lease cleaning in Canberra. They will clean the premises from top to bottom and disinfect high-touch areas using the most effective cleaning products.
COVID-19 Precautions: Tips to Protect Your Family from this Deadly Virus
It is important to follow the COVID-19 safety guidelines and protect yourself from the spread of this virus. Here are some great tips that will help your family stay safe during this pandemic.
1. Stick to Basics Preventive Measures
You should follow these preventive measures to keep the virus at bay and ensure the good health of your loved ones:
- Regularly wash hands with soap for 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if there is no soap or water.
- Don’t forget to cover your mouth and nose with a disposable handkerchief when sneezing or coughing.
- Maintain social distancing or avoid close contact with those who have fever, cough and cold symptoms.
- Disinfect cell phones regularly using disinfecting wipes.
- Consult a doctor if you develop symptoms like cold, cough, flu and difficulty in breathing.
2. Know the Right Hand Washing Technique
Practising personal hygiene can keep harmful germs and viruses at bay. Make sure you wash hands for 20 seconds using soap, especially when you touch any high-touch surface such as doorknobs and light switches. Here is a proper handwashing technique that you should follow and also teach your children: Wet your hands with normal water
- Apply soap or liquid soap on your palms
- Wash and scrub your hands – in between fingers, back, under your nails for at least 20 seconds.
- Rinse your hands and dry them using a towel.
Tip: It is recommended to wash your hands in every 30 minutes if you are staying indoors. Wash your hands before eating, after sneezing or coughing and after touching high-touch areas.
3. Wear A Face Mask
Of course, wearing a mask at home makes no sense. But, whenever you go out, especially at crowded places, make sure you wear a medical mask. Wearing a mask has become mandatory in COVID-19 affected countries because the virus spreads through respiratory droplets. If you have any respiratory problem like coughing or sneezing, must wear a mask to stop the spread of infection.
4. Deep Clean your House
Believe it or not! Disinfecting or sanitising won’t be effective if the surface is covered with dust, dirt, stains and grime. The germs can easily lurk and spread in contaminated areas. If you want to protect your family from COVID-19 virus, make sure you clean every nook and cranny of the house properly.
- You can use homemade cleaning solutions like White vinegar and warm water to drive out stains, built-up grease and other debris from different surfaces.
- Make sure you deep clean high touch surfaces daily to get rid of dust and dirt because children can get infected easily when touches contaminated surfaces.
- Clean a house from top to bottom twice a week during this pandemic.
- Vacuum your carpets, rugs, and furniture to get rid of accumulated dust particles, pet hair, dead skin and other debris. Make sure you vacuum clean using a heavy-duty machine.
- Blot the carpet stain using distilled vinegar and sprinkle a pinch of baking soda for effective results.
- Clean kitchen countertops, skin, faucets, cabinets, cupboards, stovetop, kitchen appliances inside and out.
- Thoroughly clean your bathroom- shower head, tiles, walls, toilet seat, washbasin and other areas before applying disinfectants.
- Wipe off hard surfaces using a microfiber cloth.
- Mop floors regularly.
Tip: Make sure you disinfect your house after completing the cleaning process. Do not forget to hire professionals for the most reliable end of lease cleaning in Canberra if you are the end of your tenancy during this pandemic.
5. Use Effective Disinfectants
You can’t disinfect contaminated surfaces using any cleaning product. It is good to use a product that has at least 70 per cent alcohol because it can kill 99.9 % germs. According to WHO, you should use alcohol-based disinfectants to keep the germs at bay. The EPA also released a list of more than 200 approved products that are capable enough to fight COVID-19. Some of these products are:
Disinfecting wipes – Lysol and Clorox brands are ideal for killing germs and viruses.
- Disinfecting Sprays
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- Hydrogen peroxide
It is important to apply the product on the infected surface and leave it for 10-15 minutes before wiping off using a disposable towel or paper cloth.
6. Disinfect High-Touch Areas Daily
It is your topmost priority to disinfect high-touch areas of your house if you want your kids and other family members stay safe at home. You can use disinfecting wipes and sprays to kill germs and bacteria from the following areas:
- Remote Control
- Light switches
- Cabinets and drawers knobs
- Faucets and sink
- Handles of kitchen appliances
- Control panels
- Kitchen Counters
- Cell phones and laptops (keyboard and mouse)
- Table surfaces
- Toys of your kids
- Toilet seat, etc.
It is good to disinfect high-touch areas daily to avoid the spread of coronavirus in your house. Make sure you wear gloves and ensure proper ventilation because these products contain harmful chemicals and bad fumes.
If you want to give your family a healthy environment during COVID-19 pandemic, then keep the above precautionary tips in mind. Make sure you follow the safety protocols strictly, especially while moving out of your rental premises. You can hire professionals for a complete end of lease cleaning in Canberra who can offer you safe and sound service at the best price.