Bond cleaning also known as the end of lease cleaning needs to be done when you are vacating your rental property. Getting back your bond money can be complicated without a proper cleaning of your rented house. Some people like to do the cleaning themselves, but they are not aware of the correct methods and hence end up doing it all wrong. Therefore the ideal resort is to hire professional cleaners, who provide expert services along with the bond back guarantee.
Getting your house well cleaned is essential during your end of the lease so that the property owner doesn’t get a chance to point out a flaw in your clean-up and cut off the bond money. If you are moving out from your rented property, then make sure that your house is sparkling clean before you hand it over to the landlord. Many people in Canberra ignore cleaning the walls of the house as they are complicated and by using the wrong methods can damage the paint or the texture.
Instead of taking a chance by doing it yourself, you can rely on an end of lease cleaning company in Canberra to get this job done. They are fully aware of the methods that should be used to clean the walls thoroughly. However, a little knowledge about few cleaning tips is always good to have.
Find here some effective tips and methods to clean walls at the end of lease cleaning:
Wash the Walls
Washing the walls will make them look new and will clear out the stains. Use a microfiber-head mop; dip it into a bucket of lukewarm water with a soapy solution and start working from left to right and up and down the wall.
However, you may need a stronger solution, if the walls have darker stains. To make a strong solution, add a cup of white vinegar in the bucket of warm water and use it to wipe the walls. Also, there is no need to worry about rinsing at the end as vinegar doesn't leave any residue.
Avoid the use of products that contain alcohol for washing the walls. It can damage your painted walls by breaking down the paint surface and leaving behind spots.
Cleaning Unpainted Walls
Unpainted concrete walls are easier to clean. Start with removing all the hanging items from the wall. Move all the furniture in the middle so that you can move easily. Dust the walls and the baseboards. In order to get it done faster, wrap a towel around a broom and wipe down the wall from top to bottom. Scrub the walls with a lint-free washcloth. And end the process by rinsing the wall by wiping it with a damp cloth.
Cleaning Painted walls
The first step to clean the painted walls is to remove the cobwebs and dust from them. Then wipe out any residue and start with removing the stains. Scrub the walls using a cloth soaked in soapy water and rinse it after that using clean water. Also, keep changing the water as soon as it gets dirty so that you don’t wipe the dirt back on the walls.
Getting Rid of Stains from Wallpapered Walls
Cleaning a wall with wallpaper can be complicated. The best method to protect them from getting dirty is to vacuum them regularly. However, when sweeping on wallpapers, use the soft brush attachment on your vacuum, so that it doesn’t damage or tear up the wallpaper. A microfiber cloth will also work well for non-textured wallpaper.
If you want to wash a wall that has wallpaper on it, first check a corner of the wall with water and soap solution and see what happens as some types of wallpaper are washable while others are not. If the colour is fading, then don’t wash it. You can buy wallpaper dough from paint stores in Canberra for non-washable wallpapers.
Working the Exterior Walls
Exterior walls need a thorough cleaning as they are exposed to a lot more dust than the walls that are inside of the house.
- Use high-pressure cleaning methods to clean the exterior walls. However, make sure that you use a compatible detergent for high-pressure cleaning.
- If a high-pressure cleaner is not available, then use the garden hose attachment to work it out. A broom with a long handle will also work fine.
Erasing Greasy Stains
Greasy stains are very stubborn, and it takes extra efforts to remove them from the walls. There are cleaning products available to remove them, but sometimes such stains are so dark, that it is advised to repaint the area to cover up the stain.
Chalks- To remove the greasy spills from walls merely rub some white chalks over the stained areas and then clean it using a microfiber cloth.
Try the following solutions and methods to remove greasy stains:
- Make a paste of 3 tablespoons of baking soda and one cup warm water. Apply it to the stained area and leave it for 2 minutes. Scrub it off after that.
- Make a solution of one cup of vinegar and one cup of warm water and apply it to the affected area. Leave it for 2 minutes and rub it off after that.Ready a solution using 2 cups ammonia in one gallon of hot water and spray it on the stains. Scrub it off using a sponge.
Stubborn Ink Stains
Stains of ink, pen or permanent markers are common where there are kids in a house. Kids draw on walls using crayons or pens, and it’s very tricky to remove these stains. Try the following methods to remove them:
- Apply some toothpaste on these stains, leave it for 10 minutes and use a cloth to work it afterwards.
- Use an alcohol-based hairspray on such marks and rub them off with a white cloth.
- Use a paste of baking soda and water on these inked stains and try scrubbing them off.
- Make a solution using lemon juice, ammonia and detergent and apply this solution to the wall to wash the ink stains.
Removing Fingerprints or Scratch Marks
Marks of fingerprints are common on walls, and they look filthy. You can use following methods to get rid of them:
- Use baby wipes to remove fingerprints.
- Add one cup of liquid dishwashing soap in one gallon of warm water and use this solution to wipe off the fingerprints.
- Make a solution using one cup of borax, one cup of white vinegar, one-gallon lukewarm water and one cup of ammonia. Use it work off the marks of fingerprints.
Cleaning the house meticulously and thoroughly is essential during an end of lease cleaning. If you give back a dirty and unclean property to your landlord or property owner, you may risk your bond money. Therefore it's better to hire best cleaners like Bond Cleaning in Canberra for the cleaning of your home. They pay particular attention towards it as they are very well aware of the areas that get missed easily during an end of lease cleaning.