7 Stubborn Carpet Stains & How To Remove Them
If you don’t treat the spill instantly, it will embed deep inside the fibres and make it extremely tough for you to remove it. And, removing stubborn carpet stains are considered as one of the daunting tasks.
Most people damage their carpets while scrubbing the stains too hard. That’s why you need to discover the right ways while getting rid of different types of tough carpet stains.
Usually, professionally-trained people use tried and tested products while carrying out jobs like a thorough end of lease cleaning in Canberra and a proper carpet cleaning. However, if you want to try it on your own, then keep on reading the article. It includes 7 stubborn carpet stains along with the right hacks to remove them.
Since a carpet is an expensive investment, make sure you use eco-friendly cleaning products and proper tools to restore the look and feel of your beautiful floor coverings without causing any damage.
Let’s Get Started!
1. Pet Stains
Having a pet at home is wonderful as it brings joy and happiness in life. However, you may face a little challenge of cleaning up their mess from your delicate carpet. This can be back-breaking if you don’t know the right trick.
The pet stains not only look nasty, but they also spread unpleasant odour that needs to be treated as soon as possible. Here are some great hacks that will help you remove pet urine stains from carpets with ease:
- Start by removing loose debris, such as pet hair/fur, food particles, accumulated dust and other grime using a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment.
- If the pet stain is wet, blot the area using a paper towel or microfiber cloth. Do not rub or scrub the stain. Blot it gently in a circular motion.
- If the stain has already dried on the carpet, then apply a homemade cleaning solution.
- Mix ¼ cup of white vinegar with a quart of warm water and dishwashing liquid. And, apply it on the stain.
- Leave it for a few minutes. Let the vinegar and soapy warm water breakdown the stubborn stain.
- Blot the surface again with a white microfiber cloth.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda and leave it for a few minutes. This will banish bad odours and also kill germs and bacteria.
- Repeat the process if required.
2. Blood Stains
Treating dried blood stains from a carpet seems to be one of the toughest tasks. It can damage the entire look and feel of your plus floor coverings. If you want to remove blood stains that are embedded deep inside the fibres, then you need to focus on the right strategies. Here are some useful methods to get rid of blood carpet stains:
- Instead of using warm water, use cold water while removing tough blood stains. It is because blood coagulates with heat while cold water prevents the stain from permeating into the fibres.
- Mix liquid hand dishwashing detergent with around 2 cups of cold water.
- Dampen the white cloth in the solution and blot the spot.
- Blot until the stain disappears. Then sponge the area with cloth water and blot dry.
- Repeat the process.
- You can also use hydrogen peroxide to get blood out of your carpet.
Tip: If you are moving out of a rental property, consider hiring professional end of lease cleaners in Canberra who can take care of your specific cleaning needs and give you high-quality results.
3. Coffee Stains
The yellowish-brown stain on your white carpet looks disgusting if not treated immediately. It is good to remove the spill as soon as possible using the blot method. If the stain dried on the carpet, then you need to put a bit of elbow grease. Let’s have a look at a useful method to remove coffee carpet stain:
- Apply vinegar, warm water and non-bleach liquid detergent mixture on the affected area.
- Blot the surface with a clean cloth
- Leave it for a few minutes
- Apply baking soda and let it sit for a few minutes before vacuuming.
- You can also mix ¼ cup of bleach and 1 cup of warm water. Soak with the mixture.
- Blot the area, rinse with warm water and dry it completely.
4. Ink Stains
Do not destruct your carpets by scrubbing off the ink stain using harsh chemicals. You can get rid of nasty blue or black stains using homemade cleaning products.
- Dampen a white microfiber cloth with isopropyl alcohol. Dab the wet cloth on the affected area.
- Let it sit for 10-15 minutes, and then use a vacuum to remove excess solution and moisture.
- Make sure you test this solution on an inconspicuous surface of the carpet before applying on the affected area. Be sure these solutions won’t lead to serious damage or discolouration.
5. Oil Stains
Removing stubborn oil stains from a carpet or area rug is a challenging task. You need to use the right products and techniques to bring back the lost shine of your floor coverings. Here is a complete guide on how to remove cooking oil stains from carpets:
- If the stain is fresh, use a paper towel and blot the surface. This will transfer the oil to the towel.
- Apply a small amount of rubbing alcohol onto the stain and blot the surface.
- Apply dishwashing liquid and water mixture on the stain and sponge directly.
- Blot again until the stain disappears.
6. Wax Stains
Remove wax stains requires a lot of time and energy. With the help of the following tips, you can scrape off the wax stains easily:
- It is always good to remove the candle wax as soon as you see it. Start by putting an ice pack on the top of it.
- Let the wax freeze for 10 minutes.
- Scrape off the wax using a butter knife. Do it gently to prevent damage.
- Place the white cloth on the remaining stain. Heat up your iron to the lowest setting.
- Do not forget to turn off the steam. Now, run the iron on the towel. The heat will make it easy for you to transfer the wax from your carpet to the cloth.
- Apply the rubbing alcohol and blot the surface.
- Dry it completely.
7. Red Wine Stains
Getting rid of red wine spill or stain has become super easy with hydrogen peroxide. All you need to do is to:
- Blot the stain with clean and dry cloth
- Mix one part of hydrogen peroxide to half part of dishwashing liquid and warm water.
- Apply it on the affected area
- Blot and repeat the process if necessary.
These are 7 most common stubborn carpet stains that can be removed with the right techniques and proper tools. You can also hire professionals for a thorough end of lease cleaning in Canberra along with a full carpet cleaning service if you want to secure your bond money without any dispute.